Thursday, July 30, 2009

Movieeee :)

Boss didn't come to work today again, but sent me some work to do via email. Something to keep me busy during the day, I'm quite pleased actually :)

Expected to stay back late today, since he has called me so late the past 2 days. Good thing was, he called at about 1pm. AT LEAST it's not so last minute. Not that I hate work THAT much (I'm quite a workaholic actually), but just imagine a whole day of sitting in the office, with nothing to do. 7 hours pass u by and u expect the day to end soon. Then SUDDENLY, some irritating GLK calls u up and drops u a huge time-consuming task to finish BY THE DAY. Damn.

Stayed till 9+ pm once again. But without much complaints. At least I felt that I did some productive work. But I'm still irritated with staying at work till so late the past 2 days. Will go late to work tml. HA... :D

Watched another movie called Something the Lord Made. True story about a black man in the US who wanted to become a doctor. But one day, the bank collapsed, savings gone and he couldn't go to med school. Good thing he was doing odd jobs for a doctor and his talent got discovered. Ended up being his lab assistant, working together with him for many many years, operating and finding ways to cure heart problems that used to be deemed as incurable. His contribution was never recognised, since he was not a doc. In the end, he earned a doctorate.

True stories are always so real, touching and encouraging. Really admire his passion for medicine and his humility. Feel that many people in the world, including me, don't know what they want, where their passion lies. Many do things for the sake of glory, money, good future. Or perhaps, they're just afraid to take risks to pursue their passion, bacause of the uncertain future. But then again, the film is just about one of the FEW successful stories. Still encouraging though. Nice :)