Company Grill Party!! :D
Went to work at 10 am. Can't believe that I'm in the office so early, after leaving work so late last night. Ate lunch with Jose in the company, nice break from work. At 4:30pm, my new colleague, Swana, came and asked me if I could accompany her to buy stuff for the Grill party later on. We were having a Grill party to celebrate our successful first half year of 2009 and also our company's 2nd year anniversary!!!
Swana is a trainee editor and was tasked to organise everything for the party. She was informed only today! Went to Netto, Rewe, €1 shop and drinks market to buy all the stuff, simply because not one store had everything we needed! Was so very WARM today and the shops and drinks were so many, we had to borrow shopping carts from Supermarkets, roll them ALL the way to the stores, get the stuff and roll them ALL the way back again!! SO NOISY and AA ROLLING THEM HERE AND THERE! Good thing I'm in Berlin, no one would have recognised me. LOL.
Swana was lamenting about how it's so unjustified that she had to plan the party as if it was her own. (Our bosses didn't care, just gave a list of items to buy and budget!) Sometimes I feel too that interns are being used inappropriately. Was the same with Elena, Daniela and Emmanuelle, when they were still here. Good thing I wasn't tasked to do these stuff. (Maybe cos I look weaker? LOL.)
Anw, we bought SO MUCH Food, drinks and ALCOHOL, especially BEER! There were 5 cases of Becks with 24 pints in each case, 3 bottles of red wine, 3 bottles of white wine, also 6 bottles of Cola and 6 bottles of Sprite. Then there were 50 sausages (the huge german ones), salad, bread and several packets of chicken, turkey, pork, etc. All of these for just about an expected 30 people!
Price of 5 cases of beer > sum of everything else. INCREDIBLE.
Dunno how many beer I've drunk. At least 5 bottles. And wine too. Nice :P Went to the Strand Bar again, where there was Salsa dancing. Didn't dance. Went back with Hong-Linh after that. Reached home at 1:30am I guess. So drunk, did little silly things, one of them is to take pic of the SUPER LONG QUEUE at the hidden club near my place. (Almost forgot about the pic the next day lar! :P )
Fell straight asleep at home.
Swana is a trainee editor and was tasked to organise everything for the party. She was informed only today! Went to Netto, Rewe, €1 shop and drinks market to buy all the stuff, simply because not one store had everything we needed! Was so very WARM today and the shops and drinks were so many, we had to borrow shopping carts from Supermarkets, roll them ALL the way to the stores, get the stuff and roll them ALL the way back again!! SO NOISY and AA ROLLING THEM HERE AND THERE! Good thing I'm in Berlin, no one would have recognised me. LOL.
Swana was lamenting about how it's so unjustified that she had to plan the party as if it was her own. (Our bosses didn't care, just gave a list of items to buy and budget!) Sometimes I feel too that interns are being used inappropriately. Was the same with Elena, Daniela and Emmanuelle, when they were still here. Good thing I wasn't tasked to do these stuff. (Maybe cos I look weaker? LOL.)
Anw, we bought SO MUCH Food, drinks and ALCOHOL, especially BEER! There were 5 cases of Becks with 24 pints in each case, 3 bottles of red wine, 3 bottles of white wine, also 6 bottles of Cola and 6 bottles of Sprite. Then there were 50 sausages (the huge german ones), salad, bread and several packets of chicken, turkey, pork, etc. All of these for just about an expected 30 people!
Invited Hong-Linh to come along, cos Jose and Allison both brought someone! Met him at 8pm, had a first beer already. Met Allison and George, her fren from Bulgaria. Introduced Hong-Linh to my bosses. My (mean) boss was really interested in Hong-Linh after he heard that he's an informatiker. Talked quite a bit with each other in German. I listened. First time talking German to my boss. Weird but very interesting!
Jose came at 9:30pm with Marija. So nice to see Marija again!! Had a nice chat altogether. Hong-Linh and Jose had so many similar interests! Informatics, Photography, Salsa, Travelling to Asia... Really happy that most of my friends in Berlin know each other now. I think that nice people should get to know more nice people! :D
Oh, and they were talking in German all the while. Think that alcohol helps one to talk more, but most of the time I speak nonsense; grammar, vocabulary, anyhow hantam! hahaha :P
Jose came at 9:30pm with Marija. So nice to see Marija again!! Had a nice chat altogether. Hong-Linh and Jose had so many similar interests! Informatics, Photography, Salsa, Travelling to Asia... Really happy that most of my friends in Berlin know each other now. I think that nice people should get to know more nice people! :D
Oh, and they were talking in German all the while. Think that alcohol helps one to talk more, but most of the time I speak nonsense; grammar, vocabulary, anyhow hantam! hahaha :P
Dunno how many beer I've drunk. At least 5 bottles. And wine too. Nice :P Went to the Strand Bar again, where there was Salsa dancing. Didn't dance. Went back with Hong-Linh after that. Reached home at 1:30am I guess. So drunk, did little silly things, one of them is to take pic of the SUPER LONG QUEUE at the hidden club near my place. (Almost forgot about the pic the next day lar! :P )
Fell straight asleep at home.

<< Home